Mentally preparing for this journey will be my biggest struggle. My mind is not focused on fueling my body. I see food. I eat food. Period. Really there's no conscious thought. When I did Weight Watchers, it was called mindless eating. That defines it perfectly. It defines me. I think it's time to set some goals for mindless eating. Keto demands that I focus on my hunger. I need to eat to fat to satiety. When I'm full, I am done. When it's late at night, I'm done. I'm not hungry. More than likely, I'm bored, tired or stressed.
Goals Wednesday May 16 - May 23
Control Mindless Eating
- Ask myself, "Am I hungry?"
- Yes - Is it before 20:00? Yes - Eat fat After 20:00? Don't eat - have a drink & go to bed.
- No - Have a drink, go for a walk, take a nap
- Water - 6 X 24 oz = 144 oz
Moving is also important to my journey. I miss running. I miss the stress release that running gave me. Being alone, early in the morning, listening to the birds and breathing the cool morning. My answer to moving has been fun. Early morning walks with my daughter and our dogs. We've had plenty of time before school to enjoy early morning walks. Our newest dog is a five month old giant schnauzer. She is a BUNDLE of ENERGY. Taking Piper on a walk makes our day to much better.
I can do this. Mindless eating is so critical to my success. My mindset about eating has to be created and changed to a more MINDFUL way of eating. Last night, I got home from work just after 23:00. I had a great eating day only to be ruined by the mindless eating of a mint brownie. I wasn't hungry. I don't think I was stressed. I just saw it and ate it.
I can do this. I am strong. I am beautiful. I am enough.

Comments
Post a Comment